Ocean Planet - a Smithsonian Institution traveling exhibition
which celebrates the spectacular diversity of the oceans and examines
the environmental issues they now face.
Oceanography from the Space Shuttle - photographic survey of
oceanic phenomenon visible to the naked eye acquired by NASA astronauts,
including waves, spiral eddies, ship wakes, pollution at sea, and
- Going to the Beach? Consult NOAA's Coastal Water Temperature Guide.
- Find out why they call them 'rainforests of the sea.'
NOAA's Climate Data At-A-Glance
- Find 107 years of weather data for the USA.
NOAA's Ocean Explorer
- Ocean exploration without getting wet.
One-Stop Shopping for
Information on the Earth's Ozone Layer
Geodetic Survey is
encouraging a marker be set at each State Population Center.
- live and pre-recorded streaming audio/video.
NOAA Photo Library
- more than 16,000 public domain photos - animals, reefs, coastal scenes
and much more!
3-D Weather Images
- NOAA's visualization lab uses 3-D technology to create graphics of
weather events such as hurricanes and severe weather.
Search and Rescue
Satellite-aided Tracking / Emergency Beacon Registration
- See how NOAA's SARSAT helps to save mariners in distress.
Tidal Information Page - calculates tides from the present for up
to 30 days in the future for cities in the United States, Australia, and